Tips to trousseau / True(sseau) style
Bride October 14th 2018
If you ask us, the best part about being a bride is the chance to start everything afresh. And let’s not forget—you get the chance to build your wardrobe from scratch.
It’s easy to go a bit nuts and throw your money at things you’re never going to wear. And we know how overwhelming it is to have so many options laid out for you to own, flaunt and eventually—repent investing in. Three words: play it smart. You’ve got to mix it up with versatile pieces that have a strong repeat value. We’re not the ones to wear an outfit once and waste it. So we thought of listing out 10 must-dos for your trousseau shopping. Here goes…
1. Make sure you invest in Indo-western outfits or sets which you can split and wear. A crop top can be worn with a skirt/lehenga as well as palazzos or denims.
2. And since Black Tie is such a recurrent theme at most weddings, have a selection of gowns for day as well as night- go classy rather than trendy.
3. Give enough thought to your more easy dresses as well; cute LBD’s and cocktail dresses which can work for a variety of occasions.
4. No trousseau is complete without some pre-stitched or unstitched sarees. Don’t ignore this because you don’t fancy sarees yet. The time will come when you might want to wear them so pick ones you love with lace, print or embroidery which will work for any age.
5. Since you’re going to step into a new life, make sure you have an interesting mix of shoes. Invest in a few statement beauties but don’t forget your basic, more comfortable shoes without compromising on style.
6. Jeans that make your bum look fantastic!
7. A well-balanced trousseau also has the right accessories. Don’t shy away from statement pieces and make sure you have enough delicate jewellery to stack or layer.
8. Pajama sets or some pretty nighties because you can’t wear those torn Tees anymore !!
9. Invest well in some Indian earrings.
10. The right fitting lingerie.
Your trousseau will stay with you long after the wedding is over. So make a choice you’d love to live with.