Sunblock Vs Sunscreen
And everything in between
Beauty | November 27th 2018
Thinking about how to get rid of her freckles, SU decided to visit her dermat. It was supposed to be just another regular visit. But that was the day she learnt that sun protection is so much more essential than she had imagined. Sun exposure not only cause dark spots and freckles but also can cause your skin to age faster.
A lot of us resort to basic sunscreens and probably use the same product all over the body. But here’s a list of dos and don’ts you could keep in mind while giving your skin the protection it deserves.
1. First and foremost, know the difference between sunblock and sunscreen. To say it simply, sunscreens are milder versions of sunblock. While sunblocks actually block UV rays with a shield, sunscreens absorb them. Also, you need to keep reapplying sunscreens if you’re out for a longer time in the sun or planning to take dip. . Water babies, your calling is in sunblocks.
2. Do not use a body cream on your face. Use the Innisfree UV Protection 50 sunscreen for your face. Or you could also try the Clinique SPF 50 Mineral Sunscreen Fluid for your face.
3. Sunbathing is always a good idea if you’ve got a bottle of the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch SPF 50! Keep reapplying it after every dip because even though lots of brands say water resistant, that doesn’t mean they are water ‘proof’
4. LA MER The Reparative Face Sun Lotion SPF 30 is another great product for your body. Make sure you apply it generously on your hands and elbows too. No matter how much you love crisping yourself to a delicious golden brown, a lack of proper sun protection products will cause irreversible sun damage to your skin.
5. Even when it seems to be an overcast day, the UV rays are still at large so don’t skip this step in your beauty regime.
Remember, love your skin and it will love you back!